Join us for the Annual Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday, March 31st, 2018 located at the Iona Square starting promptly at 10:00 am. Special prizes will be awarded for finding the “Golden Ticket”. If you or someone you know is interested in volunteering to stuff eggs or donating slightly used stuffed animals please contact the City Office at (208)-523-5600.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN, that the Planning and Zoning Commission for the City of Iona will conduct a public hearing on March 14, 2018 at 6:30 pm at the Iona Community Center, which is located at 3548 North Main Street, Iona, Idaho. The purpose of the hearing is to consider amending Title 11, Chapter 15, and Section 8 of the Iona City Code regarding the qualifications of members for the Planning and Zoning Commission.
NOTICE IS FURTHER GIVEN that a second public hearing will be conducted before the Iona City Council at 7:15 pm on March 20, 2018 at the said Community Center, also for final review.
The public is invited to attend and public comment is encouraged. Written comments will be accepted and considered, provided they are delivered no later than three full business days prior to the hearing. Such comments must be physically delivered to the Office of the City Clerk at 3548 North Main Street, Iona, Idaho. Comments may also be emailed to the following email address: email@example.com
Any person needing special accommodations to participate in such meetings should contact the City Clerk’s Office no later than the day prior to the meeting. The City Clerk’s telephone number is (208)-523-5600.
Live Acoustic Music Jam in the Iona Community Center Gym
The public is invited to sing and play music with us, or to come and just listen and have fun…FREE!
Come and help to make this music jam a success!
Types of music usually played:
– Folk, Americana, Indie, Celtic, and Light Rock. We have jammed with songs by the Eagles, America, Lumineers, Peter Paul & Mary, James Taylor, Dave Carter, John Denver, Paul Simon, Elvis, Beatles, Dylan, and more!
– Saturday, March 17th (the 3rd Saturday of every month)
Time: 7-9 pm
– 3548 N Main St, Iona, ID 83427
– North wing glass door (left side of building from street where the police station is) and go up the stairs inside to the gym.
Typical instruments brought by jammers:
– Acoustic guitar, ukelele, mandolin, fiddle/violin, banjo, penny whistle, bass, hand drums, other acoustic stringed instruments, & your voice!
– There are metal chairs there, but no music stands…so bring your own stands (and maybe a pillow to sit on). Also, there is electrical power if you need to plug in an amp or something.
We are looking forward to seeing y’all there!
Basic Jam Rules… Click here to read
The City of Iona is selling an 8 foot fiberglass Century truck bed shell for a 2006 GMC/Chevrolet pickup, white in color. Please direct all offers to Public Works Director Zech Prouse at (208)-716-0836.
Are you interested in knowing the breakdown of the water improvement project? Please view and/or download the Scope of Work which specifically outlines exactly what items are included in the project and the individual cost associated with each. (*It’s important to note the scope of work was based on a worst case scenario meaning some of the costs outlined could be lower when the project is put out to bid and the overall cost of the project could be lower depending on potential grant money that could become available to help fund these improvements). Are you interested in viewing a map of the water improvement project? Please view and/or download a copy of the Map. Have further questions? Please contact a city elected official at the email addresses listed below: